Category: "Accessories"

Button bird bag, part 1

by brae  

Been a long time since I posted on the sewing side of my blog.  :O I've mentioned before that I attend a nearby Renaissance Faire every summer. I've purchased a few items over the past year, but I've been itching to make something again. I'm not in for… more »

The Lady and the Unicorn Desire Gown

by brae  

I was going through some old photos and found some of the costumes I've made over the years.  The over gown is made from red linen with white satin detailing at the neckline as well as the upper arms above the chiffon sleeves.  I used various trims… more »

Steampunk Holiday, part 5 - hat completed

by brae  

Continuing work on the Steampunk Holiday ensemble.  I looked for cream colored flowers, but none spoke to me that weren't way too huge to have on top of my head.  :D more »

Steampunk Holiday, part 4

by brae  

Continuing work on the Steampunk Holiday ensemble.  With the hat wired, I added a layer of millinery batting on the top surface using a light amount of Aleene's Quick Dry glue.     I then placed the scrap of chocolate velvet over the batting.  I had… more »

Steampunk Holiday, part 3

by brae  

The fridge hat form worked well -- I took the lid out to let it dry completely, covering the spinach bowl with foil in the meantime. more »

1 2