Category: "Watson Mill"


by brae  

I am gearing up for the next project.  I am feeling motivated and still in the mind to mini, which means I didn't push myself too hard in that last week of Ye Olde Taxidermist like I did last year with Otter Cove.  :D  I have a few things in the hopper.… more »

Watson Mill - sails, part 1

by brae  

I cut a front wall from foam core board to determine the setup for the sails. I don't want to drill a hole, have to move it and be left with patching issues on the wood board. I mocked up a back wall for now as well and taped the motor in place. I can make adjustments to this wall as needed.… more »

Watson Mill - motor, part 1

by brae  

Before I even begin to build, I need to figure out how to power the sails for Watson Mill. The mechanical setup will determine how much I alter the open back to disguise the power source. As I mentioned, this tutorial from Bruce Hirst used a motor from… more »

Tribal Foxes Rug - 63 hours

by brae  

Continuing work on the Tribal Foxes Rug.  I've reached the other side of the center square.  :] I am now at 63 hours of work.  I am stitching full cross stitch with single thread over 32 count Jobelan. more »

Watson Mill - adding depth and padding walls

by brae  

No, we haven't fast forwarded two months, but I was in the mood to do some prep work on the Mill this weekend.  Prepping the changed walls now means I won't have to wait for glue to dry when I want to get to the actual build. This post will show you how… more »

1 2 3 4 ...5 ...6 7 9 10