Category: "The Brownstone"
Continuing work on the bay window section. I masked off the top portion of each basswood padding piece and affixed the pieces to my work board. These portions will serve as part of the window trim, so I stained them with Minwax Dark Walnut. I will… more »
Continuing work on the bay window section. I glued the previously stained interior window frames into place for the three bay window sections. With those in place, I glued the sides onto the front, using a triangle to make sure the pieces were… more »
Continuing work on the Bay Tree kit from The Miniature Garden. I departed from the instructions slightly in this next step. The kit indicated using florist tape to cover the stem, but I never have luck with that. Instead, I used Durham's Water Putty… more »
I spent a lot of time on the Creatin' Contest this weekend and now it's time for a break from building. This is the Bay Tree kit from The Miniature Garden. This is what I have in mind for the Brownstone bay window space on the main floor. Talk about… more »
Continuing work on the bay window section. The glass is later placed on top of the wood pieces and an identical set is glued in place over the glass to keep it secure, but I need to create the stained glass inserts. As a reminder, this beautiful Meyda… more »