Category: "The Artist's Studio"

Tiny paint tubes and other art supplies

by brae  

While searching for some suitable minis for the Studio, I ran across an tutorial by Carol at true2scale.  She provides paint labels, a box template and a painting for her tutorial.  I printed my paint labels on Avery label paper to make it a little easi… more »

Hummingbird shower mural - making the tiles, part 2

by brae  

Using the two tile images shown previously, I did a test sample to see how the sealer would look.  Since I had success with the Old World Tile in Baxter Pointe Villa, I decided to use the same Triple Thick Gloss Glaze in this instance.  I used spray adh… more »

Shingles and chimney

by brae  

I was able to find two packages of Desert Tan rectangular shingles at All Small Miniatures, a brick and mortar dollhouse shop about an hour from my home.  I had called local stores to see if anyone had them in stock, and the woman at All Small Miniature… more »

Hummingbird shower mural - making the tiles, part 1

by brae  

I did a little prep work and sampling before forging ahead with the tile mural.  First, I photographed my original hummingbird and flower drawing and then manipulated it in PhotoShop to lighten and sharpen since some color loss and blurring occurs in pr… more »

Wood stove, completed

by brae  

I finished up the wood stove, and I am ecstatic about how it turned out!  :D  When I last wrote about the it, I had cut the stove pipe and primed the pieces. I sanded the pieces once the primer was dry and sprayed them Krylon Satin Almond.  I sanded on… more »

1 2 ...3 ... 5 ...7 ...8 9 10 11 12 ... 17