Category: "The Artist's Studio"

The Deck - part 3

by brae  

Continuing work on The Deck.  To finish the outer edges of the main deck and side deck, I used dark trim wood from my stash.  This is definitely Dura-Craft wood, but I am not sure from which kit or if it is walnut.  It's close in color to the wood I pla… more »

The Deck - part 2

by brae  

The framing under the main deck and side deck won't show much, so I used some leftover Dura-Craft 3/16" x 1/4" strip wood to keep costs down.  The wood isn't nice enough to use for building or finishing.  I started with the side deck since it requires t… more »

Walnut firewood box

by brae  

Building a firewood box for the Studio served two purposes.  It will hold the wood stove switch so I don't have to reach into the structure to operate the flickering LED fire, and it gave me the opportunity to work with walnut using my scroll saw. I fo… more »

The Deck - part 1

by brae  

The Deck for the Studio is going to take some serious engineering.  It will fit into the slope of the landscape and be only partially supported by firm ground around the building itself.  You might recall my previous mockup. And the inspiration photo… more »

Progress on the windows and doors

by brae  

I painted the living area window Warm White by Americana.   I added trim to the window since it was built for a depth of 1/2" but the walls are only 3/8" thick.   The front door is painted Slate Green by Americana.   I also added trim to both door… more »

1 ... 5 6 7 ...8 ... 10 ...12 ...13 14 15 ... 17