I will soon be ready to start gluing walls together permanently, so I needed to complete the foundation. After grouting, the bricks were too shiny and new to be part of an old house.
I started with a paint wash I like to call mud: Mushroom and Medium Grey by Folk Art mixed with some black paint and a bit of water.
I brushed it on liberally and then blotted with a paper towel.
Now the grout is dirty and the shiny surface of the red bricks has been toned down.
Next, I used Aleene's clear gel tacky glue to add the moss exactly as I had done for the front steps.
Now, I think we're getting somewhere!
I think this really sets off the worn paint very well. :]
It's now consistent with the stone steps.
And, I love the way the cellar windows look with the moss around them.
There were two things missing from the cellar doors: a handle and old rusty nails. One of these oversights has been addressed! :D
Awesome, brae. The windows do look stellar.
The house is getting a really great cohesive look now. I adore it. Really, it looks perfect!
It’s looking good Brea! I love those cellar doors, such fantastic weathering on them!
Brae, it’s brilliant! =)
Thank you, thank you!
Form is loading...