Category: "Model Cars & Airplanes"

1913 Model T Van - introduction

by brae  

You've likely guessed I'm not building anything modern considering my mode of telecommunication and that snazzy wallpaper, so I'll spill some more beans.  This is a 1/16 scale Model T Van by Entex.  There are decidedly fewer parts to the Model T kit… more »

Datsun 240ZG - part 8 - painting details

by brae  

Continuing work on the Datsun 240ZG.  April is here, and I think it's time I set aside the Datsun to work on the HBS Creatin' Contest and Watson Mill.  The Datsun takes a lot of time and a lot of work space.  I'm also getting close to assembling, which… more »

Datsun 240ZG - part 7 - initial aging

by brae  

Continuing work on the Datsun 240ZG.  The engine compartment of my barn find auto shouldn't be showroom new, but of course the Testors Fiery Orange turned out showroom new.  :\  Ah, well...easily fixed. I sprayed the compartment with Testors Frosted… more »

Datsun 240ZG - part 6 - engine work continues

by brae  

Continuing work on the Datsun 240ZG.  I've assembled more parts for the engine, and it's coming together nicely.  I added some painted detailing in the way of bronze nuts and bolts.  Making nuts and bolts a different color can add realism with a minimal… more »

Datsun 240ZG - part 5 - engine work

by brae  

I knocked out two pages of instructions for the Datsun 240ZG this weekend!  This isn't all of the work I completed from those pages, but this is the main piece in progress. I've looked at some real life engine photos for color but I've mostly followed… more »

1 3 4